What is Essentrics® and what can it do for me?
If you’re looking for a low-impact way to improve your full-body mobility, you’ve come to the right place!
Have you ever looked in the mirror and thought, “Who is that person, and how did I get here?” You are not alone.
People from all over the world, of all ages, from all walks of life, suffer from postural imbalances—imbalances caused by everyday use, misuse, or underuse of our physical body. And, everyday, we say, “Getting old is rough,” “This is just what happens,” or “There’s nothing I can do about it.”
What if there is something you can do about it? Essentrics® is a full-body, dynamic stretch and strengthening program aimed at re-balancing all of the joints. When the joints are balanced, it allows the muscles to heal, and therefore, relieves short-term and chronic pain, creating a healthy environment where the body works efficiently, and aids in increasing your body awareness (awareness of what your body is doing in every aspect of life.)
Essentrics® is also the only program that works EVERY muscle, joint, connective tissue, and bone in EVERY workout, and is scientifically balanced each time. Imagine the gentleness of Tai-Chi, the strength of ballet, and the benefits of physiotherapy—physical therapy or massage!
Some of the objectives and benefits to Essentrics® that may help YOU!
- Improves your posture
- Tones your muscles
- Aids in weight loss by stimulating all muscles
- Reshapes and slenderizes your body
- Reverses osteoporosis
- Relieves back pain
- Improves your balance by stimulating nerve cells
- Increases your agility
- Enhances power
- Relieves and prevents arthritis
- Increases your energy
- Enhances your performance by increasing your speed and mobility
All of this and more, done within a fun, therapeutic, and supportive environment!
What does a typical one-hour Essentrics® class look like?
- Warm Up We begin by gently loosen up the muscles, connective tissue and joints while increasing our breath by using large movements and for the entire body.
- Trademarked Exercises Essentrics® incorporates many trademarked exercises developed to open up the body in a balaced manner. Many different techniques were developed by Miranda Esmonde-White and her team to simultaneoulsy stretch and strengthen the muscles throughout the body, relieve stress in the connective tissue, reduce or eliminate scar tissue, improve the immune system and decrease or eliminate pain.
- Plies As opposed to fitness squats, plies opens up the legs and knees outward, placing the calves 90 degrees in relationship to the floor. Plies opens up the groin and inner thigh muscles and stretches and strengthens the quadraceps, hamstrings and gluteals and to improve strength, power and fat-buring capabilities.
- Abdominals Our focus in Essentrics® is eccentric training, however we do incorporate concentric training in abdominals with the goal of strengthening in any way possible. Our abdominals are intregal to healthy movement and support to other important areas of the body.
- Floor-Work Essentrics® floor work includes hip-strengtheners, abdominals, and many wonderful stretches intregal to increasing flexibility and strength in the hips, spine, back, calves and feet.
- Barre The Essentrics® program teaches barre to liberate and strengthen the feet, abdominals, glutes, hamstrings, quadraceps, psoas (the long muscle that connects the upper and lower portions of the body. This muscle, when tight, can be liked to back pain.) and calves. Barre is usually performed with a chair or Ballet barre when available.
- Music Every routine is developed with muscical selections designed to allow participants to relax and open up the body in a enjoyable way!
- Fun My Essentrics® classes are designed to be fun, inclusive, supportive and most importantly a “judgement-free zone”. Everyone works at a different pace and that is perfectly okay!
If you would like to learn more about the Essentrics® program and how it can help you to develop more strength, flexibility and a sense of overall well-being, fill out the information below and Jill will contact you right away!